It was a wonderful experience being on Mature Living with host Mary Yanez. Thank you so much Mary for inviting Yvonne and I to speak about our passion for assisting seniors in remaining in their homes with dignity, employing seniors in our community, and assisting our fellow veteran seniors in receiving their well-deserved and earned benefits.
At Seniors Helping Seniors® The Borderland, we have a passion for meeting the needs of seniors in a way that provides both dignity and a sense of camaraderie. Our owners, Mike & Yvonne Mercadel, firmly believe we can do that through serving seniors in our communities. Mike and Yvonne are retired Naval Officers that have 50+ combined years of service. They are committed to a life of service and partnering with Seniors Helping Seniors® in-home care is a natural extension of their core values. They are here to serve the Borderland!
Our Seniors Helping Seniors® Core Values
We match seniors who need a hand with mature, active women and men who have a passion for helping others. Seniors Helping Seniors® in-home services was founded in 1998 with two simple ideas:
- Seniors can help each other age more happily and gracefully.
- Seniors who give, and those who receive, benefit equally.
- An experienced, reliable resource for seniors who want to stay in their own homes.
- In-home care, companionship, and services from seniors who enjoy helping others.
- Reasonable hourly rates for seniors who want care and companionship.
- Reasonable hourly wages to seniors who want to provide these services.
VA Approved Provider:
- If you or your senior loved one qualifies for VA benefits, Seniors Helping Seniors® team can assist you in exploring ways to offset the costs of in-home care with VA benefits they earned while serving our Nation.
- Seniors Helping Seniors® services is a VA-approved, Community Care Network provider for In-Home Supportive Care.
Learn About Getting Help Learn About Providing Help
About Our Founders
Seniors Helping Seniors® in-home care service was co-founded by Kiran and Philip Yocom in order to realize Kiran’s personal mission of providing care for those who can’t care for themselves. Before coming to the United States from India, Kiran worked with Mother Teresa for 14 years.
How We've Grown
From our roots in Pennsylvania, and our first match in 1998, Seniors Helping Seniors® in-home services has grown to include hundreds of locations in the US and Internationally. We continue to grow and evolve, adding new services to better assist seniors and refining our caregiver training as new industry best practices come to light.
To keep pace with a rapidly growing senior population, we’re actively seeking Seniors Helping Seniors® franchise partners in open markets.